Aug 21, 2014

California vacation!

I know I have disappeared for a few weeks but I am BACK! As many of you know I was on vacation for a family reunion a few weeks ago and I wanted to take myself away from the blog during that time so I could concentrate on spending time with my family as well as trying to relax with my hubby. When we got back from vacation life became pretty crazy and I had a lot to catch up on! Well I am back and can’t wait to share with ya’ll some of the highlights from the California vacation we took!



Today I am going to share with you some of the highlights from our family reunion vacation to Santa Cruz, California, August 7-13.

On Thursday we flew out of Minneapolis to Oakland, California. We had one layover in Kansas City which was brief. When we got there we checked into our hotel, and had a quick supper before going to an Oakland Athletics game.





On Friday morning we woke up and left to pick my sister up at the San Francisco airport. Then we made a quick stop to the Golden Gate Bridge and then headed down Highway 1 towards Santa Cruz. On our way we made a stop at a beautiful restaurant as well as a beautiful beach.







We made it to our condo, settled in and had a family gathering dinner at one of the houses we were staying at.

The next day we had a great time visiting the Redwoods and then had a relaxing afternoon before we cooked dinner for everyone at our house.
After dinner we had a bonfire on the beach which was a blast.









Sunday we visited Moss Landing, a cute town about 20 minutes from where we were staying. It had many shops and cute restaurants and we stopped for lunch at a delicious Mexican restaurant. That afternoon we relaxed on the beach, played sand volleyball and then had dinner at one of the houses.




Monday we went to the aquarium in the morning, walked around Monteray and then went to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and went on some of the rides. It was a beautiful night.




Tuesday we spend pretty much all day on the beach. It was glorious! That night we had another bonfire on the beach and said goodbye to family.

Wednesday morning we left bright and early and had a long day of traveling. The vacation went too fast but we had a great time! It was so wonderful to see some of my family I hadn’t seen in a while and get to catch up with them. Can’t wait for the next family reunion! 










Thanks for following along! 


3 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun trip! Even though we've only been married for 3 months, we're already trying to plan our one year anniversary trip. California is one the places we're considering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!! Looks like you had a pretty amazing vacation - can't beat some fun, beach and family time :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great trip! i really want to go to san fran someday! xo jillian - stop by, im hosting a great giveaway at cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete