Mar 27, 2014

The Proposal!


This is the story of how my amazing husband Jordan proposed to me!
You know what is really fun? This is him telling the story!  

So here you go...

J+L
Proposal
August 22, 2012



(Jordan writing)
Lindsey loves me, and since she knows I love baseball, she wants to love baseball too. So at the beginning of the summer of 2012, we started playing catch in the backyard to try and subsequently teach Lindsey about baseball and spend some quality time together. Twinning.
In yet another demonstration of her quality as a woman, Lindsey requested a trip to the baseball mecca of the Field of Dreams, before the conclusion of the summer.  I had known for a while that I wanted to propose to Lindsey before the summer was over, and a trip to the Field of Dreams provided the perfect location and opportunity, so I hatched a plan to surprise Lindsey.
With the ring safely hidden in my pocket, I stood with my back to the corn at the Field of Dreams, as Lindsey and I played catch. At some point I knew that Lindsey, like other beginning baseballers, would make an off-target throw and that the baseball would end up in the corn. Sure enough, on her 3rd throw, the ball sailed out of her hand, waaaaay over my head, and deep into the cornfield. Perfect :). I entered the corn, rustled around for a bit (making a good show of pretending like I was looking for the baseball), and then called Lindsey over to help me look for the ball. When she got close to the field I emerged, ring in hand, and said, "I couldn't find the ball, but I did find this," got down on a knee, told Lindsey I loved her, and asked her to marry me.

She said yes :)

Here is the video for our proposal! 







(Lindsey writing) 
This was definitely one of the best days of my life. It was a beautiful day and Jordan and I got to spend time with some friends and family for a while and then we went on a day trip to Galena, Illinois. (Our special place) We spent the rest of the day talking, hugging, crying, calling people and just spending time together! It was amazing! 
Thanks for following along! 

Love,

             Lindsey



13 comments:

  1. So so sweet! I kept laughing and smiling at you and all of the hugs. Reminding me of exactly what I did and felt. Such sweet memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenzie! hahaha! I know, right?! I just couldn't stop hugging him and jumping up and down! I was so pumped! I am very surprised I didn't cry though!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! And I love even more that your hubby wrote it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! :) It is my favorite part about it! Have a great day dear!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through Oh Simple Thoughts and I fell in love with this story! You two are so adorable! I can't wait to follow along and get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had the same response I did, "what are you doing? Oh my gosh! What are you doing?"

    I'm so glad I found your blog, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete