Apr 29, 2013

Lace Hair Pins

My wedding is only 18 DAYS AWAY!!
It is so hard to believe that after all of the waiting and planning it is almost the day that I will marry my best friend and the most amazing man in the entire world! I feel so blessed!
 
I am making most of the decorations for our wedding and that includes the hair pins for my bridesmaids. They were super easy to make and they look really cute!
 
 
Step 1. Cut out a circle in cardboard using a cup or hair spray lid as a stencil

 
Step 2. Cut a piece of burlap to fit on the cardboard circle
 
 
Step 3. Glue burlap to cardboard using a hot glue gun

 
Step 4. (I forgot to inclue a picture of how to make the lace into a flower but all you do is sew part of the lace and then pull the string tight so it forms a flower)

 
Step 5. Glue to burlap circle

 
Step 6. Glue a pearl or cutton to the top of the flower

 
Step 7. Glue the pin to the back of the cardboard



 
 
 
I got all of the materials at Hobby Lobby and it took me about two hours to make 8 hair pins.
 
is what you will need:
1. Needle and thread
2. Lace or ribbon
3. Buttons or pearls
4. Cardboard for the back
5. Metal hair clips (came in a 12 pack)
 
I can't wait to see what they look like on my beautiful bridesmaids!
 


3 comments:

  1. These are so cute, Lindsey! I hope you have a wonderful wedding day! :)

    jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I've enjoyed looking at your blog. Check out SunShine PenPals and join the fun! We'd love to have you!
    http://sunshinepenpals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh those are SO cute!!!! (ps you're one of my carabox swappers this month, so that's how i found you. in LOVE with your blog already!)

    ReplyDelete