Jul 7, 2014

Weekend Recap and Fruit Pizza Recipe!

 Hey Ya'll! 
Happy (late) 4th of July! I hope you had a fabulous and relaxing holiday weekend. I know I did! This weekend was exactly what we needed and I am SO thankful we were able to have the time with family while relaxing and soaking up the sun! 

I am first going to share with you one of my favorite and most requested recipes! This is the 3rd year I have made fruit pizza for the 4th of July and it has now become a tradition. The first year I made it I arranged the fruit to look like an American flag which was cute and festive but all of the blueberries were in just one spot so I didn't make it like that again. Now I like to use a bunch of different fruit and arrange it in a pretty pattern. 


Fruit Pizza

Crust
1 Sugar Cookie Mix

TOPPING
·         8 oz (224g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
·         1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
·         2 cups (240g) confectioners' sugar
·         1-2 Tablespoons (15-30ml) cream or milk
·         1 teaspoon vanilla extract
·         assorted sliced fresh fruit

Making the Crust
Follow the instructions for the sugar cookie packet and spread on to greased pan or baking stone. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Let completely cool.

Making the Frosting
In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar and 1 Tbsp cream. Beat for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and 1 more Tbsp cream if needed to thin out. Beat for 1 minute. Spread in a thick layer over the cooled sugar cookie crust. Decorate with fruit.

You can use whatever fruit you would like for it. I usually use strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, grapes, peaches, and sometimes bananas. (Bananas will turn brown if not eaten right away) 

This weekend was full of parades, napping, picnics, fireworks, boating, tanning, walks, and family time! It was the perfect way to spend the Fourth of July! 

Here a few pics from the last couple of days!







Cheers to a relaxing weekend!


Have a beautiful day! 

1 comment:

  1. That cookie looks amazing!!!!! And, with no surprise, your shorts are way too cute :) :)

    ReplyDelete