Nov 12, 2013

Thankful: November 12

Today I am thankful for two things.

1. Our garage! I have never in my life been able to park my car in a garage and when we got married and moved into our little house we also got a two stall garage. What an AMAZING blessing it is! It snowed here yesterday and the temperatures have dropped dramatically in the last 72 hours. It is so crazy what a difference it makes to have your car protected from the elements!

2. Our community group! I love the community group that we are a part of through our church. Our group is made up of singles and couple that are all our age or a little younger. They are all in the same stage of life as JP and I and it is such a blessing to be able to walk with them in the word and share about the struggles and blessings in our lives! Last night we had our group and it was such an amazing night. I really felt Jesus in that place.

One of the things we talked about last night was things that worry us. We all worry and as women we tend to worry a LOT. I discovered that I worry a lot about what people think of me and I am constantly comparing myself to everyone in my circle or even strangers. Why? Why do I think that other people have it so much better than I do or that if I was like them then I would be happy? I hate how I will see someone that I know and have thoughts like, "why can't I look like that?" or "I wish I was as good of a wife as she is." or "I wish I was as creative or compassionate as she is." The silly thing about that is I am only seeing one side of someone's story. I only see the stuff on facebook or instagram and I only see them when they are perfectly put together. I don't see them when they are in their pajamas with their hair a mess or when their kids are throwing a fit or when they are having a fight with their husband. How can we think anyone has it all together? I can tell you that I definitely DO NOT have it all together. I want to rejoice in that because JESUS fills my gaps. This truth is something that I am going to try and remember.

I am constantly looking down on my own gifts and abilities and seeking to be someone else! God made me! He crafted me in His image and I want to seek JOY in that. How could I not? I want to use what He has given me for HIS GLORY instead of giving up because I don't have the abilities that someone else has.


 
What do you worry about?
 
Love,
             Lindsey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment