Nov 6, 2013

Thankful: November 6

Today I am thankful for my beautiful friendship with Matt and Dana and their family. They are the family that I lived with for an entire year while I was doing my internship and before I got married. They opened their home to  me to live with their beautiful family and have consistently treated me like one of their own children. They have been such an incredible blessing to me and I am a better person because of them.

This morning I was able to enjoy a short coffee date with Dana and Ayden (her 5 year old) at their house. Even though it was only 30 minutes I felt refreshed and energized when I left. I love talking to Dana so much. She is one of the kindest and most loving people I know. She is constantly thinking about other people and pouring into so many others. Both her and Matt are some of the most generous people I know. Seriously...they have done SO much for me. I can't even begin to put words to how thankful I am for them. When I was talking to Dana this morning she was telling me about some of her friends who are going through some really hard circumstances. When she was telling me the stories and how she is praying for these people and helping them in every way she can it reminded me how I forget to care about others the way Dana does. She is so amazing about realizing a need and helping with it. I want to be like that. There may be friends of mine who are going through really hard seasons of life and I don't even know about it. I want to be more intentional with the people in my life and the people that God brings into my path.

Thank you Dana for being someone I strive to be like. I look up to you so much and I am so proud to know you and to be your friend and adopted "daughter." I love you Dana!



 
Is there a friend in your life that you are thankful for today?
 
 
 Love,
             Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment